Anyone out there in cyberspace?

Barney 45 21:25 13 Oct 04

I have a Toshiba Satellite M30-106 mobile laptop, brilliant machine, but I am having problems with it printing wirelessly to our shared printer on our home network. Also I have tried to set it up to use my mobile to gain access to the web via the bluetooth connection while on the road,without success. Any suggestions on a cure gladly appreciated?

keith-236785 23:47 14 Oct 04

Just to let you know there is life out there.

only suggestion i have is to enable file and printer sharing on the network connections but that should be done when you run the network wizard, right click on the network connection and goto properties. see if the file and printer sharing is enabled.

hugh-265156 23:57 14 Oct 04

im not going to know the answer to this one but sombody will. can you give us some more info please?

Giggle n' Bits 00:23 15 Oct 04

Giggle n' Bits 00:05 16 Oct 04

also have a closer look in the other windows updates as I know there are ones relating to your problem.

hugh-265156 01:28 16 Oct 04

from email:

"Operating system is Windows XP, Processor is 1.6Ghz Centrino, Pentium M 725, 512MB DDR ram, 60 GB HDD. Integrated wireless LAN (802.11b/g) Bluetooth and Fast InfraRed. NTL Broadband through wireless Liksys router."

powerless 01:35 16 Oct 04

Do you have firewalls enabled?

Mango Grummit 01:44 16 Oct 04

Perhaps the question should be -- is Barny still out there -- this was posted Wednesday with nothing further heard from him since, despite a few questions asked of him.

I wonder if we had a competition who could bring to the top the oldest unticked thread.

Good game, good game!!

powerless 06:58 16 Oct 04

Powerless, yes I have a firewall, does this cause a problem?

Yes turn it off and try it again.

If it works you'll then have to configure the firewall to allow the printing.

What firewall do you have?

Mango Grummit 14:25 16 Oct 04

Still here Mr Grummit, Wife threatens divorce if problem unsolved hence asking you guys out there for help! Wife is a Divorce Lawyer! Regards, Barney.

My Emailed reply:

Was she a divorce lawyer before she married you?

powerless 21:42 16 Oct 04

windows xp, powerless. Did have Norton enabled but thought this may cause problems so disabled it and configured xp firewall instead to enable a shared printer on my network.

Ah so you've fixed it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple