Anyone know what Webfldrs XP is ?

SB23 15:51 18 Jun 06

I've been removing a few unwanted programs from my pc today, and near the bottom of the add/remove table in amongst the windows updates is "Webfldrs XP".
There is no explanation of what it is, nor is there the option to remove it.

Any ideas?

Steve

Jak_1 15:56 18 Jun 06

This may help:

click here

SB23 16:02 18 Jun 06

So, I can assume as I don't know how it got there, it is safe to delete using those instructions?

Salut 16:12 18 Jun 06

Try the following, it might explain further: click here.

It is always worthwhile checking with the microsoft search site to see if there is an explanation already posted.

SANTOS7 16:16 18 Jun 06

Web Folders, or WebDAV, is a file transfer protocol that supports secure file transfer over intranets and the Internet. With Web Folders, you can upload, download, and manage files on a remote computer across an intranet and the Internet. Web Folders is similar to File Transfer Protocol (FTP); however, Web Folders provides a more secure environment for transferring files over the Web.

From RUN command
To Uninstall
msiexec /x C:\Windows\System32\webfldrs.msi

To Install
msiexec /i C:\Windows\System32\webfldrs.msi

SB23 16:24 18 Jun 06

Thanks all, will leave it for the time being, as it is certainly legit software from MS. As long as I know where it came from, I don't mind.

Will tick as resolved

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…