anyone know of a good tweaking tool for XP

a member 11:32 14 Sep 03

I have tried tweakiu for XP ,but it doesn,t have hardly any of the options that the old tweakiu used to have for 95,98 and ME.
MERLINX

powerless 11:35 14 Sep 03

MSCONFIG...

Services.msc...

Not come across one program where it has made a difference.

VoG II 11:35 14 Sep 03
  Forum Editor 12:23 14 Sep 03

I think the best WinXP tweakers were the hundreds of Microsoft developers who engineered it (and the subsequent patches).

I've never seen the point in fiddling with the configuration, and like Powerless, I've never met with a single program that made any difference to performance. Visual changes, yes - but they only slow the system down.

a member 12:41 14 Sep 03

when i asked about a tweaking tool, it was not for (tweaking the performance) actually i am quite happy with the performance.
All i want to do is be able to remove some of the irritating features like balloon tips and be able to delete items from the start menu like LOGOFF and MY DOCUMENTS, etc. I just thought that a tweeak type tool would perform these functions ok.thanks for the link VOG. some of the tips from there work well.
MERLINX

leo49 12:50 14 Sep 03

click here

click here

2 useful sources of "how-to".

powerless 12:51 14 Sep 03

Ballon tips click here click here= 307729

Also to disable ballon tips in tweakUI > Taskbar and Start Menu > Remove tick "Enable ballon tips".

My docs to remove... Right click taskbar > Propeties > Start Menu > Customize > Advanced > The option to not display my docs is in the Start Menu items.

Not sure on the log off.

powerless 12:52 14 Sep 03
  powerless 12:57 14 Sep 03

LOGGOFF.

In tweakUI > Explorer > Remove tick "Allow Loggoff on start Menu".

a member 13:54 14 Sep 03

thanks everyone, sorted.
XP will probably take a bit of getting used to, although i can already see that it is miles ahead of the other OSs working with DVD software, although my old ME system will run rings around it for internet use.
thanks again, MERLINX

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac