Anyone know anything about TV aerials?

TommyRed 12:21 09 Dec 04

Sorry this is not PC related, but some people on this forum are knowledgeable in many areas, so who better to ask. I'm putting a portable TV in the kitchen where there is no aerial socket. Can anyone recommend a good boosted aerial kit from Argos, Index or Maplins for around £20 to £25. TIA TR

Confab 12:27 09 Dec 04

Could try one of these

click here

Stuartli 13:10 09 Dec 04

You might need to try more than one aerial to find the best - some portable TVs can pull in a transmission from virtually any aerial whilst others require something delivering a strong signal.

johnnyrocker 13:14 09 Dec 04

is there no possibility of running an extension? beware of condensation, it can shorten the life of a portable in the kitchen dramatically.

johnny.

TomJerry 13:15 09 Dec 04

I am in the same situation as you, just bought TV this morning and going to pick one up from Currys and try out this evening.

Bingalau 14:45 09 Dec 04

There was a modern one advertised on Q.V.C. last Saturday as the "deal of the day" I think they have a web site ...Bingalau..

D G 15:02 09 Dec 04

This looks a decent buy at argos
click here

Technotiger 16:06 09 Dec 04

Hi, I have the Contour as shown in Confab's 'click here', in my kitchen. I have it going into a freeview digibox with excellent results. It also
picks-up Solent TV from the IoW which my immediate neighbours cannot get.

Technotiger 16:08 09 Dec 04

ps: I do not have it battery boosted!

TommyRed 17:20 09 Dec 04

Thanks for all replies, the Boss reckons we've got a signal booster somewhere so I'll jut pick up a cheapish aerial at Argos tomorrow. TR

Buchan 35 19:24 09 Dec 04

Tommyred,
Whatever "cheapish" aerial you get make sure it a broadband aerial. With a portable in the kitchen, or even in a bedroom, your reception will be better. I bought one at Argos for about &15.00 last year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…