Anyone know anything about Solaris OS

Kitz E Kat 01:01 26 Jul 03

Hi, in my quest to find the perfect OS I got a copy of Sun Solaris 8, for FREE!!!!
I am trying to load it onto my lapper.
Problem is , when i get to the pick language the whole thing goes pear shaped.
I press the 1 key for English and nothin, before that the keyboard is workin OK .
I've tried a few times , no success.
Now i know why its FREE!!

I need advice from someone who has the low down on this OS the Sun site is a bit vague on installing , and the Sun forum is offline.

I would like to get this baby up and running.

I need some generall advice and advice as to why i can not load on to my laptop.

Any help ?

Thanks

Kitz E Kat

PirÅTë 13:38 27 Jul 03

hi not to sure about your particular problem but i got a copy of solairs and was advised to not instal it but rather to instal linux instead. this i did and installed mandrake 9 and i have never looked back, i have even scrapped windows to use mandrake all the time. it is the perfect os!

Kitz E Kat 14:30 27 Jul 03

Hi, i have RH linux, was just checkin out the Solaris OS, have tried to install on my PC, wont even go into that!!!
Yup linux is pretty good, im still trying to get my head around it but am getting there!!!!
That said im off now to pick up a copy of RH9, so i must be getting there!!!
Thanks
Kitz

^wave^ 16:20 27 Jul 03

solaris is for sun machines

Kitz E Kat 17:11 27 Jul 03

Eh yeah and no, the copy i got is for Intel based machines and not for SPARC based computers.
Yours
Kitz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…