Anyone know anything about script errors?

TommyRed 20:28 11 Dec 03

Been trying to install an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier at my mates, he has 98SE. It prints and copies ok but when we try to scan this error comes up, Internet Explorer Script Error. An Error has occured in the script on this page; Line: 274 Char: 4 Error: Object Expected Mode: 0 URL:fill//C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bbfe\scan\scan htm. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page Y/N
He has 256Mb of RAM just installed and since then he's been getting this message at the end of start-up Microsoft ISDN Configuration Wizard, No ISDN devices found. Please install an ISDN device and run the configuration wizard again. Any ideas what's going on? TR

hugh-265156 20:36 11 Dec 03

in internet explorer click:

tools/internet options/advanced

tick "disable script debugging"

hugh-265156 20:39 11 Dec 03

ps.should have said

in simple terms(as i dont know much about it)its a tool that reports errors in the code on a web page.only useful if you are writing your own.

i may be wrong.

powerless 20:40 11 Dec 03

naaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ya right!

TommyRed 21:04 11 Dec 03

Sorry chaps that never worked, just spoke to him on the phone and talked him through it. Same error appears whenever he tries to scan. Any other ideas? TR

Djohn 21:09 11 Dec 03

Leave as above but also remove the tick from the box below it.

Display a notification about script errors

TommyRed 21:11 11 Dec 03

We tested that he has it unticked as mine. TR

TommyRed 21:14 11 Dec 03

I've got exactly the same all-in-one, glad I didn't recommend it to him, and we uninstalled his software and re-installed with mine, in case his was damaged, same result. TR

VoG II 21:18 11 Dec 03

Can you post the model number. A quick Google reveals a lot about this (some unpostable here since a lot of sufferers seem somewhat "cheesed off"!).

A "malicious pop-up is mentioned - has he run Ad-Aware and Spybot?

Djohn 21:19 11 Dec 03

TommyRed, I know that placing a tick in the debug box and removing the tick from show script errors will correct the problem when surfing and loading pages from the web.

But on re-reading your post this happens with just a normal scan. It may be down to a driver problem with the scanner. Have you looked on the HP home page ? j.

TommyRed 22:01 11 Dec 03

It's a HP PSC 1210, installing mine was simple on XP. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…