anyone know any free programs for enlarging images

krimson 23:02 25 Apr 03

Hello all,

Im currently creating a website for a college project.

Does any one know where I could download a free program which allows me to enlarge images wihout distortion. Also if it could also edit text for headers so I could create a snazzy title, this would also be good.

Still using a dial up connection so the smaller the program file the better.

Think I might be asking a bit much for a free program which is quick to download but thought it is worth a try.

Cheers

Chris

Patr100 23:51 25 Apr 03

Irfanview www. click here will enable you to do this, however you won't be able to increase the resolution of an existing image so there will be some inevitable loss of quality although how noticeable this will be depends on the image and how much you increase it's size.

hssutton 00:34 26 Apr 03

Irfanview will do what you want, but don't expect miracles. read this. click here

krimson 01:54 26 Apr 03

Thanks

Just tried irfanview and it doesnt appear to enlarge images very well. The picture loses it's resolution and distorts very much. I am just going to stick with the simple tools available in Front Page.

Think I may have been asking too much for a good program that is free and dowloads quickly but thanks anyway guys.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…