Anyone help with my nostalgia?

Bailey08787 13:19 24 Mar 03

hello

I've recently been longing to play old games of the early 90's.

So I investigated the whole emulator, ROM thing, and downloaded several games, such as UN Squadron, Street Fighter 2, R-Type etc for the SNES on to my PC - and had a happy gaming session.

I would really like to be able to play 'Megalomania', an old megadrive title on my pc - but have been unable to find this ROM, for the MAME emulator I am using.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, or better still, email me this ROM (for the MAME emulator) it would be greatly appreciated.

I recently asked some people on a MAME forum, and they got a bit touchy about it. I do own these games - they're just all up in the loft with their systems under a blanket of dust.

Thanks

xtreme_computing 13:42 24 Mar 03

heres some and the one you want look under M

click here

xtreme_computing 13:45 24 Mar 03

that doesn't seem to work above^

you could try here click here

the rom is there and it works with a snes emulator.

Joe McG 13:50 24 Mar 03

Bailey08787,

Just found this, could be what you're looking for.click here

Bailey08787 13:51 24 Mar 03

thanks - but tried both of these before to no avail.

As you noticed, the first one doesn't work.

The ROM downloads fine for the second one, but then when I click to download the corresponding snes emulator, it doesn't work.

I guess if someone knows of an emulator i can download that will run the megalomania ROM listed at click here, then that would work

Bailey08787 13:53 24 Mar 03

Bailey08787 13:54 24 Mar 03

just to say, the megalomania ROM i just mentioned from click here does not work with the MAME emulator

Joe McG 13:58 24 Mar 03

Bailey08787,

Another to try.click here

Bailey08787 22:51 24 Mar 03

afraid this link doesn't work either

Forum Editor 23:28 24 Mar 03

that downloading ROMS is illegal unless you own the original. In which case why would you want to download in the first place - particularly as you have the systems upstairs in the loft?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…