Anyone having trouble with NTL BB?

Andybear 07:51 12 Apr 04

I'm on NTL 600 BB. For the last week or so I've had a loss of service - ie, haven't been able to access the web and the email has been down - at some point every day. Usually it's just for a few minutes but last Friday it was for most of the afternoon. I live in North Hertfordshire. Has anyone else been experiencing similar problems? If not then I'll give NTL a call. Many thanks.

AndySD 08:02 12 Apr 04

click here the date they were Resolved may not be the date they were posted. If you are not there then contact them.

Andybear 08:05 12 Apr 04

Thanks AndySD. I have already checked there - it's always the first thing I do when the service is back up and running after an outage -and I'm not in the areas mentioned. I'll give them a call.

howard60 08:14 12 Apr 04

I am on NTL 600 in Ilford and I may well regret saying this but it has been very good for the last 3 months with no outages at all.

mobileman1953 09:16 12 Apr 04

ntl teesside no problems with 150k broadband

I live in the Bromley area and I hate to say this but my NTL 600k broadband has been ok ever since I had it installed, apart from the email playing up quite alot recently.

justin37 10:00 12 Apr 04

Same goes for me NTL 1mb in Brighton, been excellent for the last 18 months,no problems.

billyliv 10:07 12 Apr 04

Hi, Coventry area, no problems. Bill

Andybear 10:13 12 Apr 04

It looks as if it's a problem at my end. I'll give NTL a call.

Andybear 10:24 12 Apr 04

I've just rung NTL and there is a problem in my area, which they're trying to resolve. At least it's not my PC! Thanks for your responses as always - much appreciated.

sorceror7374 10:28 12 Apr 04

If your broadband is connected through the TV set top box rather than a stand alone modem then it could simply be the set top box itself. In that case just reboot the set top box and that should sort it out. I go through phases every once in a while where I'm rebooting the box every day or 2 and then other times it's fine for weeks or months on end. One of NTL's service men who had to replace my box a week or 2 after it was installed told me himself that the weakest link in the NTL chain was the set top box. He said there's all kinds of different problems with them!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…