Anyone having problems with Mozilla Firefox?

s99Raj 22:03 07 Sep 06

I've been using Firefox for quite a while now with no problems. Recently it automatically updated itself to version 1.5.0.6 and that's where a couple of problems have started. I tried deleting it and reinstalling it but the problems are still there, and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems.

One is that it opens in a smaller window than it maximum size, even when I enlarge it to its maximum size by dragging the corners, a new window opens up at less than full screen size.

Also when I customise a toolbar, any new window I open is back to its reset original values.

octal 06:54 08 Sep 06

If you've got extensions installed there could be one which is not compatible and is queering the works up a bit. The easiest thing to do is first back up your Bookmarks somewhere where you can find them again then delete the profile folder and start Firefox again, it will ask you to create a new folder, say yes to the default folder, re-import your Bookmarks and you will have to re-install any previous extensions you had previously installed because they would have been deleted when the profile folder got deleted.

This site gives the location of the profile folder click here

VoG II 07:55 08 Sep 06

Possibly a corrupt profile click here

s99Raj 20:25 08 Sep 06

Thank you for that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now