anyone have trouble with email

scooby43 10:30 28 Oct 04

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I got this today trying to send an email from my outlook express, I can't send or receive email tried wannadoo.com and co.uk aswell.

Giggle n' Bits 10:38 28 Oct 04

if you have anytime OR Surtime or Hometime account go the Wanadoo Home page and to the right there is a option for Retrieve Account, this will put all your settings back and fix the problem.

If you use "Pay as you go" then look at the following link click here

Its your settings in the Outlook Express which are not right.

There server Status is fine and no problems.

infoseeker 10:38 28 Oct 04

seems like I have a similar problem toscooby43, but not quite. I am receiving email messages via my orange email account but cannot send email, error message keeps comming up. my o/s is ms xp pro. would appreciate any advise from you knowlegable guys & gals out there...Regards.

Smegs 10:47 28 Oct 04

I've just sent an email, just trying for you, and it's gone ok.

I'm with Wanadoo. Make sure the smtp.freeserve.com is correct. If thats what yours is. It could be smtp.wanadoo.com.

Giggle n' Bits 11:05 28 Oct 04

please start a new post.

mail.wanadoo.co.uk
smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

click here

Check the above link against your settings.

scooby43 11:20 28 Oct 04

thanks for the help I just deleted my account in outlook express and remade it works again cheers.

scooby43 11:21 28 Oct 04

although on my aunites shes using dial up and when I built she could recieve but not send emails on her comp so I think ill try the wannadoo.com suggestion

Giggle n' Bits 11:26 28 Oct 04

please check you mail settings or retrieve the account. It simply resets the settings correcting any errors.

scooby43 15:06 31 Oct 04

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…