Anyone have a (recent) Dell laptop?

VNAM75 12:42 21 Aug 10

I'm not sure if this affects recent Dell laptops but on mine there is a problem with the dvd drive eject key on the keyboard not working. I need to right click the dvd drive and select eject to remove the disk now. I've read other users with this problem have got around it by installing the quick set software, which I have done. However, the problem reoccurs the next time I switch on the laptop. So there must be a problem with the software not remembering the settings or something.
It's only a minor irritation but I would be interested if anyone has a solution to this?

northumbria61 13:16 21 Aug 10

You should be able to access your Keyboard via Conrol Panel - Key Settings - Key settings List - Reassign A Key.

northumbria61 13:22 21 Aug 10

If that fails you can download a program called KEYTWEAK from here - vlaurie.com | Owner: Laurie, United States, 1 Markham Road, Princeton, NJ, 08540

northumbria61 13:24 21 Aug 10

Sorry - LINK here - click here

northumbria61 13:26 21 Aug 10

I suggested KEYTWEAK a few days ago and it worked - see here - click here

VNAM75 16:01 21 Aug 10

Thanks northumbria61, I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

VNAM75 19:53 22 Aug 10

I've downloaded the software but unfortunately I cannot reassign the eject key's function, it says it is already performing that function. I think it is dell specific. But thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant