Anyone had success with 'XP on your pen drive'

billyliv 10:24 20 Feb 06

Following Fred Langas' instuctions I get as far as copying the setupldr.bin file (successfuly) but trying to decommpress the ramdisk.sy is proving to be a nightmare. (All I get is 'The system cannot find the path specified') My system disk is I:\, My slave drive is C:\ where all the downloads and folders are re- pebuilder installation. Cheers, Bill

Diodorus Siculus 11:25 20 Feb 06

InformationWeek | USB Drives | Langa Letter: XP On Your Thumb Drive | January 23, 2006
click here

Not tried it but might.

billyliv 13:20 21 Feb 06

Thanks Diodorus Sicilus, The prog. you suggest is the very one that I am working on. Still no nearer unpacking Ramdisk.sy Cheers, Bill

seedie 14:09 21 Feb 06

I'm assuming you mean ramdisk.sy and not ramdisk.sys?

if it is .sy see if it unpack with extract.exe ;it's in the \windows folder somewhere

CD

billyliv 17:06 21 Feb 06

Hi seedie,ramdisk.sy is the file. not sys. Cheers, Bill

remind 17:10 21 Feb 06

If you have winzip or similar, copy the ramdisk.sy_ file and rename it ramdisk.zip (or just drag it into the winzip window), winzip will decompress it and save it where you like.

billyliv 17:22 21 Feb 06

Thanks remind, The ramdisk.sy file has to be decommpressed from the Windows Server2003sp1 download. This is where the probs. begin. Cheers, Bill

billyliv 10:02 23 Feb 06

Will tick it as resolved. going back to scratch and try again. cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…