Anyone had this problem with mailwasher?

TommyRed 08:58 26 May 03

I downloaded and installed mailwasher for myself and elderley neighbour but have had problems with both installations. Mine gives an error 'The authentication failed for account Home (mail.btinternet.com).
Bad username or password'
I have checked the registry and accounts in OE and both seem ok. I haven't used btinternet as an ISP for nearly a year.
My neighbours appears to have installed ok but e-mails keep coming to his inbox, haven't really had the time to check the instructions in help for his as I normally do that after mine is installed correctly. Any suggestions?

Wak 09:35 26 May 03

You will probably get this error message if you have a firewall which is set to block in-coming and out-going connections when in Screen-saver mode.
If Mailwasher is set to check your mail every 10 minutes and the screen saver is in operation (and the Firewall) then it can't get through to your server because the firewall is also doing it's job to stop it.
YOu will have to either alter the settings of the firewall or switch off Mailwasher until required.
Hope this helps.

Wak 09:36 26 May 03

P.S. Or just ignore the error messages.
Wak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…