anyone had this e-mail `dvdzone22

carlsberg 17:07 23 Aug 05

Hi
Has anyone had this e-mail from `dvdzone22...
I have never heard of them but got an e-mail receipt for £263.I did not click on any links but just deleated the e-mail.

Happy Soul 17:26 23 Aug 05

I just entered dvdzone22 in Google and came up with this site click here

Stuartli 19:43 23 Aug 05

It's a scam...:-)

I had the same e-mail a couple of days ago plus a number of others this year.

Some people are daft enough, one presumes, to pay up without wondering how they have managed to spend so much on DVDs and yet can't find them...:-)

Must be a worthwhile exercise otherwise the scam toe rags wouldn't bother.

Stuartli 19:46 23 Aug 05

..or visit the "links" provided....

Stuartli 19:47 23 Aug 05

I must have bought more than you - mine was for £286.95...:-)

swanson2 11:39 24 Aug 05

Hi,

I have had the same scam e-mail twice earlier this week.

For information the details are:-

-------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: BANK Transaction Confirmation

BANK Transaction Confirmation
Please retain for your records
Thank you

Transaction details:
Transaction for the value of: GBP 286.95
Description: DVD Zone Shop Payment
Merchant's bank ID: 335
Pre-Authorisation Date/Time: 21/Aug/2005 11:41:52
Transaction ID: 125973284
This is not a tax receipt.

This confirmation indicates that your bank transaction has been processed successfully.
Your new account has been successfully created with the following details:

click here
Login Name: Falcone12
Password: 798259801

If you have any questions about your order (including refunds, delivery status, wanting to
cancel your order),please do not hesitate to contact our sales team by emailing
[email protected]

Thank you for shopping.
DVD Zone Shop Team.

-------------------------------------------------

Hope this is of some use to any other potential recipients and as carlsberg says if you receive it bin it.

MESH Support 11:58 24 Aug 05

Hey, you have the same account details as me !!!!

Seriously though, I assumed it was trying to phish off the back of click here so sent a copy of the one I received to their info email address advising that I had received it.

Received my first copy of this one last night so I figured it was a new one.

Davey

carlsberg 18:31 24 Aug 05

I got the amount wrong, its exactly the same as posted,thanks as i now know i was not the only one who got this e-mail.

pj123 16:21 25 Aug 05

Just read this in my Local daily paper today.

Warning from MP on scam by email.

An MP last night issued a warning after he nearly became the latest victim of an email fraud.

Waveney MP bob Blizzard has asked Trading Standards to carry out an investigation into the “crafty scam”.

Mr Blizzard said he received an email earlier this week from DVD Zone Shop Team, claiming to be a bank transaction confirmation for £286.95. A note on the bottom said he should email the company if he had any queries.

“I was suspicious because I knew I had not purchased anything from DVD Zone so I contacted Suffolk Trading Standards,” Mr Blizzard said.

“They confirmed this is a new scam. The crooks behind it hope people will contact them through the email address link given, where they will be asked questions, which give the crooks access to the victim’s bank account.

“This is a very crafty scam because I discovered on a web search there is a company called DVD Zone which appears to be legitimate. Its internet address is dvdzone2.com. The scammers are using the address dvdzone22.com”

“I have asked Trading Standards to investigate and prosecute, but I want to alert others.”

Adam Barnes, of Suffolk Trading Standards, said: “You know if you’re dealing with a company or not. If you get an email like that from a company you’re not dealing with, then it’s best to delete it”.

Contact 08454 04 05 06 with any queries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…