anyone else having problems with OneTel?

palinka 18:32 13 Apr 04

My sister has used OneTel for years (dial-up); today she reports that she can't dialup - gets a message "Socket error", or at other times "Server could not be found". But in middle of this her AVG dialled up successfully to get updates, using OneTel.
Are others experiencing similar problems at the moment? Or is there another solution, please?

GaT7 18:45 13 Apr 04

Where are these error messages showing up exactly? In IE, OE or in Windows? Does she have programs like Adaware, Spybot & scans+updates them regularly? Also, ask her to shutdown her PC & reboot to see if these problems recur.

Eastender 19:18 13 Apr 04

Yes, the OneTel server is definitely down.

Eastender 19:21 13 Apr 04

If anybody wants to test it click here

GaT7 19:55 13 Apr 04

Not getting any emails delivered from my Onetel account. (Using another ISP to dialup though.)

Eastender 20:36 13 Apr 04

I see the OneTel web site is up but pop email is still not working.

Emails can be downloaded from the Mailzone at the website as above.

Kalitechnis 20:43 13 Apr 04

My website is now accessible, but emails not..I expect the dialup service also isn't, I'm on another right now.

Since the website is OK now, presumably (and hopefully) the email, etc. will soon follow.

Patr100 21:30 13 Apr 04

Yes, the dial up , site and email were down. I am back with the dialup and the site is back with no mention of problems, says everything is now normal. Email might be slower to return.

Others have had problems today on the ISP Review forums.

GaT7 00:29 14 Apr 04

Was just able to download my Onetel e-mails so trust all will be OK when you get the chance to do so yourself.

palinka 11:27 14 Apr 04

thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…