Anyone else having NTL BB Problems at the mo?

Ben Avery 09:32 20 Aug 03

G'day

I appear to be unable to connect to my home NTL BroadBand (through the digital set-top box).

Despite running a dual-boot system and trying the internet/email on both windows 98SE and windows 2000 it's a dead as a dodo.

Anyone else having trouble at present in the Great Yarmouth area?

Nothing on the Server status page to say that they have any trouble there. Also, what is the point of a server status page which it seems is only available online? Surely if your internet doesn't work, then you can't check the server status! Or is there a telephone number?
BA

Ben Avery 09:33 20 Aug 03

For those who know the setup, the cable box has both green lights on solid, no flashing.

BA

Derek 09:41 20 Aug 03

Close down PC. Switch off modem. Switch ON modem unti it completes its config routine. Switch and boot PC. Connect in usual way to emails and see what happens.
Failing this, ring 0845 6500 121 for technical or 0800 052 4315 if your off the air.

Ben Avery 10:10 20 Aug 03

No modem - Set top box. I assume the same rule of thumb applies?

Switch off Set Top box at wall, wait 30 seconds, reboot, turn on and when central light goes solid green boot PC?

BA

Ben Avery 10:34 20 Aug 03

Phoned home to tell me sister how to do it and she said it works today anyway!

Thanks all.

BA

March Hare 13:18 20 Aug 03

Glad you're up and running again.

For the record: NTL Server Status Line 0800 650 0121 according to the info on the back of my blue NTL BB installer CD box.

Ben Avery 14:30 20 Aug 03

Great - thanx!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…