Is anyone else getting this when they logon to PCA

bof:) 18:44 08 Nov 03

Hi all,

when I logon to PCA site I get the 'original page' then I get a 2nd page with an advert for AMD at the top of the page.

Then a blank oblong appears in my task bar. Any attempt to logon on to PCA after this requires me to adjust the length of my page which appears in the top half of my monitor.

I ask this because when I was on here this afternoon I never had this problem.

Mike

Salinger 18:49 08 Nov 03

I think it's called financing the site. Obviously a small price to pay for such a free resource.

VoG II 19:03 08 Nov 03

If you get the Google toolbar click here it will stop this from happening. It's well worth having anyway.

Mike. 19:16 08 Nov 03

Just get Opera(a good free browser) set it to reject third party cookies, and to open popup windows in background. Compliment this with a good ad blocker I use the one in Zone alarm pro firewall.

woodchip 19:23 08 Nov 03

I use Netscape and never have any of those problems as I have got all pop-ups stopped in preferences

bof:) 19:48 08 Nov 03

Hi All,

many thanks everyone I've tried to download the Google taskbar but nothing seems to have happened even though I'm using IE6.

I'm accessing the PCA site via Mozilla at the moment and all seems to be back to normal.

I do understand the need for the site to be financed, but I was concerned because I was getting this 'blank oblong' in my taskbar. I thought I may have been opening up 2 PCA pages at once.

Thanks again for all of your help,

Mike

bruno 19:58 08 Nov 03

I have the Google task bar and I still had this for a minute or two.

Salinger 19:59 08 Nov 03

It does seem a little strange that a site which attracts people with problems would use such a weird and disconcerting type of advertising. If you are new to computing you could be forgiven for thinking that your Browser had been hijacked.

woodchip 21:41 08 Nov 03

Mozilla is basically a mini netscape

spuds 22:41 08 Nov 03

I think if you look at this display, there is the option to disable it permantly.Two buttons with options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…