anyone come accross this pc scam before

lofty29 17:15 22 Jul 09

Had a phone call today on my landline from a foriegn call centre telling me that my PC was infected with a lot of errors, which was putting out a lot of problems to the internet, and that I should go on-line to a website which would list the errors and fixes for them, I of course hung up, have had this type of email before but never on the telephone, anyone else experienced this??

T I M B O 17:18 22 Jul 09

Thats a new one ,,, i wonder how tthey got ur number. Do you fill out things via the internet and type out ur telephone number ????

Download Malwarebytes & do a full scan >> click here

lotvic 20:00 22 Jul 09

Fake tech support call scam
see these other two threads click here click here

tonymcdonn 16:09 10 Jul 10

I got this message from the same guy. He told me to download Teamviewer so he could get remote control of my PC and fix it for me which I did. He said there would be a charge of £40 to clear my Pc of the errors and give me a virus checker for 12 months which was called Trustport and one months on-line support. I agreed to this and put my card number in and then he said he would take over my machine for about an hour and a half, which he did. He then rang me back to say the antivirus was on and everything was running ok. I am now getting a bit worried after reading all these e-mails.. Has anyone got any more information? the firm is supportonline.com tel 02033188706. Help

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:49 10 Jul 10

You have been somewhat scammed. You can get at least 4 free anti viruses that I can think of and the so called 'problems' would have been easily sorted by the use of Ccleaner which is a free progamme.

G

Dark Mantis 18:03 10 Jul 10

Yes I agree Gandalf and there's nothing magic about it.

tullie 19:00 10 Jul 10

To the best of my knowledge,this has been around for ages.

rsignals 23:57 10 Jul 10

Scam - look here for more: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…