Anyone any experience of Onspeed?

Stuartli 17:30 15 Jan 04

I've been offered the opportunity to try Onspeed, which is claimed to provide up to five times faster internet access whilst still using a dialup connection.

Anyone any useful input about Onspeed and whether it's just using the fact that you can speed up an internet connection by using more data streams than IE provides at present?

It's priced at £1.99 a month which is, of course, on top of your ISP subscriber charge.

Stuartli 17:31 15 Jan 04

..way, the link is:

click here

woodchip 17:33 15 Jan 04

If you check Comp mags in newsagent there is a free trial on CD on one of the Mags, if you get it let us know how it goes

Stuartli 17:47 15 Jan 04

Hardly free if I have to buy a mag....:-))

Seriously, I read recently about a way of altering a couple of lines in the registry to increase data streams for IE; I tried it but the lines mentioned were not listed in my registry entries, so had to give up on the idea.

The offer is being made by a very reputable online organisation - obviously it gets a cut from the fee paid, but there's the old saying that fools rush in etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…