Anyone any advice on downloading music

Doire_Bhoy 14:16 11 Nov 05

Havent done this before. Got a new pc with a dual layer dvd player on it.
Went into the Limewire website and downloaded thier software. Tried to download a song but couldnt do it.

Exactly what do i have to do?

ACOLYTE 14:30 11 Nov 05

With limewire open it up search for the song in the left column,then right click the song you want in the right column and click download.

Doire_Bhoy 14:35 11 Nov 05

Did that mate. It plays on my pc ok, but when i try it on a hi-fi it doesnt work

ACOLYTE 14:41 11 Nov 05

Not sure what you mean,have you burned it to cd? and tried to play this in the hifi?

Doire_Bhoy 14:43 11 Nov 05

It was my brother who actually tried it yesterday.

So i just download it onto my HD and then burn it onto cd or do i download it directly onto cd?

Doire_Bhoy 14:44 11 Nov 05

He downloaded it directly onto cd and then tried to play it in a hi-fi (it was an MP3 file)

geewis357 14:44 11 Nov 05

The question is, does your hi fi play MP3's not all do, if not when you burn it to CD burn it as audio rather than mp3 the file size will be bigger and a cd can hold about 15 songs but it will play on any player.

€dstowe 14:47 11 Nov 05

Yes. Be very careful where you download it from. You could find that you've downloaded a lot of things that it would be better not to have such as viruses and other malware.

ACOLYTE 14:47 11 Nov 05

I dont think that would work,but it may be that the hifi doesnt play cd-r disk's or he copied it in the wrong format does the hifi play mp3 files? if not he should try copying as audio not data then it would be .cda and should play if the hifi supoports cd-r media.

Doire_Bhoy 15:02 11 Nov 05

Thanks for all your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…