Anybody used Toner Refill powder

Churston 14:18 04 Aug 05

I have a well worn and trusted Epson EPL 5700 Lazer printer. Cartridges still cost a significant amount £70 plus. I have noticed that some suppliers offer the Toner Refill Powder. Has anybody experience of using this. How easy was it to unseal the old cartridge and does the new powder give good results?
Churston

€dstowe 14:29 04 Aug 05

I used to think that refilling laser toner was fraught with problems but, having tried it, it's no more or a problem than refilling a photocopier with toner - possibly less so.

We get our toner from click here who supply instructions on how to do it.

I don't know about your printer but our studio Samsungs require you to unfasten 5 or 6 screws, lift a lid, pour in the toner (carefully!!!!) and put the lid back on. A quick shake and back in the printer. Print off a couple of sheets to clean the roller and that's all.

The toner powder from cartridgeco was Xerox brand and gave results indistinguishable from the original.

woodchip 14:30 04 Aug 05

I have but not bought, it's from some new Toner carts that I was given for a different Printer, quite old carts so the toner is a bit light, but cheaper than buying it. mines a Samsung ML-4500

LastChip 15:09 04 Aug 05

and pour it in! It's almost as easy as that. Just make sure you get specific instructions for your toner cartridge.

Also be aware, if the drum is part of the assembly, try and keep it out of bright light as much as possible during the refill process.

Take the opportunity while it's out to give it a dust off (outside!). Don't get your fingers on the drum. I thought "borrowing" one of my wife's "flusher" brushes was ideal; very soft and wont cause any damage. She thought differently ;-(

€dstowe 15:34 04 Aug 05

"I thought "borrowing" one of my wife's "flusher" brushes was ideal; very soft and wont cause any damage."

She could have auditioned for a part in the Black 'n White Minstrels.

BlueMeanie 17:32 04 Aug 05

Hi

Been using this company for several years, for HP toner refills, has good instructions, or even give them a phone call.

click here

Churston 21:42 04 Aug 05

Thanks fellas, well I assume you're fellas
I will give it a go
Churston

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…