anybody use fax these days

Dasmad 22:20 21 Nov 07

had to organise my xp laptop to do fax for a "quick" signature situation - ok but I find the Windows "fax console" will only do a cover sheet and I can't find a way to take a file from Word.
does anyone still use this kind of thing.......and can advise where I'm going wrong ?

woodchip 22:21 21 Nov 07

Last time I used it was on a Dial-Up connection using Comp Modem

DieSse 00:25 22 Nov 07

Open the Word document, choose File - Send to - Fax Recipient. The wizard will start and should enable you to send that document.

Dasmad 18:19 22 Nov 07

sorry, I should have said more :
yes that wizard opens, (at the same time as it opens new document )but it says it has finished when it gets to the step where recipients should be required. however this "fax wizard" is not the same one that opens with "fax console", which is called "send fax wizard". it is this latter one which I can get to send a cover sheet, but it will not ask for the document I wish to send !

Dasmad 18:26 22 Nov 07

sorry again :
I've just gone through things again - I have to print to fax, which then opens "send fax wizard".
don't know why the other "fax wizard" is there though......?

DieSse 19:36 22 Nov 07

The fax console doesn't allow you to add an attachment, it's for creating a fax only.

If you read the opening page of the wizard it actually says "To send a document etc etc".

ie Write the document then Print to fax - or if using Word Send to fax.

My "Send to fax " wizard does allow me to enter names and numbers.

Don't ask me why so many options are available - MS developers move in mysterious ways :-))

woodchip 21:42 22 Nov 07

When I send a Fax I do it in my Word Possessor, then choose Fax printer from drop-down under printers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5