Anybody know what FIRE ENGINE is?

Just noticed a "program" in the task bar (next to start not on right) which said Fire Engine- I've no idea what it is only option is to close it, I am using a modem router with a firewall and also Norton Anti Virus, on Windows XP- all up to date. Any ideas? Thanks!

rdave13 21:29 16 Dec 05

Try right clicking it.

VoG II 21:39 16 Dec 05

Right click a blank part of the Taskbar and select Task Manager. Click on the Applications tab. Right click on Fire Engine and select 'Go to process'. What is the name of the process that is running?

It has disappeared now- I'll try if it comes back again! Just wondered what it is- ran a virus check and nothing showed up.

rdave13 21:58 16 Dec 05

Run a2 incase of malware.

Rdave- 'fraid of got no idea what you are talking about-could you explain please? Thanks!

VoG II 22:48 16 Dec 05

Run this click here

g0slp 22:55 16 Dec 05

What Rdave13 means is download & run a2 free

click here

it's a utility for checking that there are no programs installed on your computer without your knowledge.

You might also want to consider downloading & running Spybot Search & Destroy

click here

it's also free.

There are several other free applications frequently recommended by forum members. Ad-Aware, CCleaner & Microsoft's own anti-spyware program are useful too.

g0slp 22:57 16 Dec 05

VOG beat me to it!

BRYNIT 23:31 16 Dec 05

click here this may or may not be what you have on your computer. Not sure what it is.

Thaks will look all these up today- that article looks interesting BRYNIT !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…