Anybody know anything about a Casio E105?

pj123 20:32 14 Apr 03

Casio Cassiopeia E-105. It says "Powered by Windows CE".

When it is switched on nothing happens, even if it is connected via the mains power adapter. It comes with a CD called Desktop Software for Microsoft Windows CE. I suspect that is the software for a PC to enable the Casio to upload and download files.

Does anyone know how to re-install the OS to the Casio?

TOPCAT® 20:49 14 Apr 03

See if these FAQs are of use. TC.

click here

pj123 21:04 14 Apr 03

Thanks for your response. Tried a few of those options but none worked. I must say that when plugged in to the mains the "green" battery charging light is on all the time. I reckon I will have to give it up as a bad job.

TOPCAT® 22:52 14 Apr 03
  pj123 23:03 14 Apr 03

Again, thank you for your response. I have got everything that came with it including the manual.

It is just about to go in the bin, but I will email them and see what they say.

TOPCAT® 23:03 14 Apr 03
  pj123 23:14 14 Apr 03

Another "thanks" again. yep got that as well. I think somewhere along the line the OS has disappered from this Palmtop. I never liked them anyway. It isn't mine by the way. It has just been given to me to see if I can get it working. i think I have spent much too long a time on it and it is now time to go back to the owner or go in the bin. he obviously hasn't missed it cos I have had it for three months now.

TOPCAT® 23:37 14 Apr 03

Ask him not to 'palm' his rubbish on to you again!! :)) TC.

Djohn 23:59 14 Apr 03

Nice one, Hi PJ, sorry, I can't be of any help either. J.

davidg_richmond 01:13 15 Apr 03

the wince os should be resident in ROM and should not be faulty or be flashable for reinstalling. this suggests that there is another problem somewhere else, perhaps hardware. which would be costly for an old device.

pj123 14:42 15 Apr 03

I am beginning to think you are right. It would probably cost more to get it fixed than to buy a new one. A bit like Epson printers!!! It has now gone back to the owner. I will let him decide.

Thread ticked as resolved thanks for all the comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…