Anybody an idea what caused this?

freaky 20:28 14 Nov 05

This morning I was waiting for a phone call - to pass the time I was playing Spider Solitaire.

During one game the screen went blue, and had the message 'No Signal Input'. The PC then restarted. The same thing happened about 15mins later - again playing solitaire.

I checked the Error Log - no errors reported. I then ran Scan Disk, all was OK.

Tried again this evening playing Solitaire, no problems.

I am wondering if the Graphics Card might be developing a problem.

I am running XP with SP(2)and am using a 17" TFT.

ACOLYTE 20:32 14 Nov 05

Maybe it is overheating sounds very likly by the way you describe it,you could check the card is firmly seated and clean the fan if it has one.

GaT7 20:36 14 Nov 05
  freaky 20:48 14 Nov 05

Thanks for that.

I doubt if it would be due to overheating, possibly the opposite would apply as it was cold first thing this morning, and I had not turned on the heating. All is OK so far this evening and the heating is on!

I think I will check the cables from Monitor to Graphics Card, and also check that the card is firmly seated - then cross my fingers - and see if it happens again.

Ancient Learner 21:29 14 Nov 05

My experience suggests that it is too cold for the poor thing to wake up properly. My last PC grated and groaned, as well as not working as it should if it was too cold - eventually it would be OK once its innards got warmed up!

DieSse 22:41 14 Nov 05

I think your ideas about cable and graphics card seating are favourite.

Are you sure there wasn't a very brief power outage - this would give this sort of symptom.

freaky 11:17 15 Nov 05

Thanks for your posts to this topic. I have had no further problems so assume my PC is like me - it does not like feeling cold!

I have been able to slightly tighten the DVI in/out connections, so this possibly was the cause due to the connections contracting due to the low temperature.

I will mark this topic as resolved, and keep my fingers crosssed!

Sethhaniel 11:53 15 Nov 05

right click 'My Computer' select 'Manage' then 'Event Viewer' look in 'system ' & 'Application' around the time of it happenign to see whats listed ;)

freaky 16:10 15 Nov 05

Did as you suggested - all that shows is 'Event Log' at about the correct times, but nothing else ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…