Anybody here understand Usenet?

360baike 17:18 27 May 09

Is it just a place like Forum or bulletin or file sharing, I have found a tutorial, but I dont know if it is true, anybody has experience?

click here

Tech Guy 18:22 27 May 09

The usenet is all three.

When I was a lad, the usenet was used for posting to boards - like an old fashion forum.

To use the usenet you need a program, called a newsreader, e.g. newsleecher. You need a subscription to a usenet provider (usenext or gignews for example), and the usenet a collect of very large servers that you can download at very high speed. There are boards where you can post on any topic.

The usenet these days are used for uploading and dowloading copyrighted material - movies, software, music etc.

If you search for free usenet trial, you can normaly get an amount of GB download free.

If you just want to visit "groups" try google groups at click here

360baike 08:05 02 Jun 09

Tha is very helpful, I tried the programm called UseNeXT.

I read a tutorial in this blog

click here

The speed is really great, really resources,I have registered for a free trial,then order the smallest package. But I wonder if there are other options instead of Usenext? What is the differences between different newsreaders?

Tech Guy 21:52 02 Jun 09

There loads of other usenet providers:

click here

usenext is the easiest to use as thier news reader program is free and very very good and simple to use.

Most newsreader programs do the same thing: download from the usenet.

What I would do is try all the free trials and find the provider that suits you. I personaly use giganews with the newsleecher program.

360baike 08:17 03 Jun 09

Good idea, most providers provide free trial, we could try each first and decide to pay. Even without paying for long time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…