Any1 exprience of AV BitDefender Free Edition v7?

jabisfab 17:57 26 Oct 04

As a user of Grisoft's AV Free which looks to be discontinued soon, I'm looking around at other free AV software and have come accross this click here.

Has any1 got experience of this software - good or bad? Or any suggestions of other free AV?

joseph K 18:26 26 Oct 04

Don't worry AVG are replacing this with a free version 7 later in the year. I'm sure they will let us know exactly when, but I shouldn't think that they would leave us without updateable anti-virus for any time at all.

Belatucadrus 19:18 26 Oct 04

click here# for my thoughts on free AV progs. BitDefender had rather too much removed in the change from the commercial to the free version. Better than nothing, but only just. IMHO avast, AVG, Antivir then Bitdefender in that order.

Belatucadrus 23:20 26 Oct 04

click here for BitDefenders justification of my comments. Removing e-mail protection and real time protection is just that bit too much.

jabisfab 00:50 27 Oct 04

Cheers Belatucadrus.
Seems i may be worrying too soon according to later threads about AVG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…