Any way to test onboard graphics card?

edenworkshops 02 May 12

Hello

I think I may be having problems with my onboard graphics card.

Is there any way I can test it?

Thank you

Richard

johndrew 02 May 12

Do you mean the graphics which are part of the motherboard or a separate graphics card?

There are a selection of both here which may help, but a bit more information such as motherboard or graphics card make and type and the symptoms would help.

KRONOS the First 02 May 12

As you have on-board graphics I am not so sure that there is such a stress test. I use Furmark, but do not know if it will stress on-board graphics.

KRONOS the First 02 May 12

johndrew

Other post.

edenworkshops 02 May 12

The graphics card is built onto the mother board

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer Inc., P4P800-MX, Rev 1.xx,

Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 64 Mb

Symptoms?

A pC game I use frequently appears fuzzy and to big for the screen, sometimes when in use it jumps back to the correct size.

Richard

spuds 02 May 12

Does this problem only occurs in gaming?.

edenworkshops 02 May 12

Yes only this one PC game seems to be affected, otherwise nothing on my screen is amiss.

Richard

Batch 02 May 12

You could try running the DirectX diagnostics. You should find it at C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe (I assume it still applies to versions of Windows after XP which I'm still running). It will take you through a series of tests (the ones on Display test, in particular)

Batch 02 May 12

That should have read "......(the ones on Display tab, in particular)"

lotvic 02 May 12

Change the screen resolution for just that one game (snowy the bear's adventures)

edenworkshops 02 May 12

I tried using the DX diagnostic tool, everythings ok, no problems.

At the moment the game is behaving itself, I could try changing the screen resolution, but the game appears distorted and fuzzy, so there is a probelm somewhere.

Richard

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message