Any way to test onboard graphics card?

edenworkshops 09:15 AM 02 May 12

Hello

I think I may be having problems with my onboard graphics card.

Is there any way I can test it?

Thank you

Richard

johndrew 10:22 AM 02 May 12

Do you mean the graphics which are part of the motherboard or a separate graphics card?

There are a selection of both here which may help, but a bit more information such as motherboard or graphics card make and type and the symptoms would help.

KRONOS the First 10:24 AM 02 May 12

As you have on-board graphics I am not so sure that there is such a stress test. I use Furmark, but do not know if it will stress on-board graphics.

KRONOS the First 10:28 AM 02 May 12

johndrew

Other post.

edenworkshops 10:49 AM 02 May 12

The graphics card is built onto the mother board

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer Inc., P4P800-MX, Rev 1.xx,

Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 64 Mb

Symptoms?

A pC game I use frequently appears fuzzy and to big for the screen, sometimes when in use it jumps back to the correct size.

Richard

spuds 11:16 AM 02 May 12

Does this problem only occurs in gaming?.

edenworkshops 13:15 PM 02 May 12

Yes only this one PC game seems to be affected, otherwise nothing on my screen is amiss.

Richard

Batch 13:18 PM 02 May 12

You could try running the DirectX diagnostics. You should find it at C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe (I assume it still applies to versions of Windows after XP which I'm still running). It will take you through a series of tests (the ones on Display test, in particular)

Batch 13:19 PM 02 May 12

That should have read "......(the ones on Display tab, in particular)"

lotvic 14:01 PM 02 May 12

Change the screen resolution for just that one game (snowy the bear's adventures)

edenworkshops 14:53 PM 02 May 12

I tried using the DX diagnostic tool, everythings ok, no problems.

At the moment the game is behaving itself, I could try changing the screen resolution, but the game appears distorted and fuzzy, so there is a probelm somewhere.

Richard

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites