Any way round this..?

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:25 04 Jan 04

I just had my NOF updated to the latest version and it has some great additions.

One thing is really bugging me (it may even be a bug). When working in a table cell, it adds paragraph tags enclosing non breaking space code, at the end; before the /T D tag.

When you put your own text or image into the cell this dissappears from the HTML. BUT...when linking to a remote image, it stays at the end and causes the cell to expand downward, making it impossible to make it flush with the content below. Before anyone suggests it, it cannot be removed from the source code. Tried everything. Driving me nuts. Cheers, Whiz.

Forum Editor 00:27 04 Jan 04

I'll take a look over the next day or so and get back to you.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:32 04 Jan 04

I just cant make out why it only happens with remote images (advertisers).

Forum Editor 00:49 04 Jan 04

I've just realised that you're probably talking about an empty cell - is that the case? The non-breaking space code ( )is normally inserted to hold the cell open, as otherwise it would collapse in Netscape.

Have you tried using the single pixel clear gif trick? This is a handy little workaround that enables you to keep a cell exactly the size you wish - just resize the gif (in pixels) to suit your requirements for that cell.

I keep a stock clear gif on all my machines, and in the image directory of every site I design - it's very handy indeed. If you would like it to play around with let me know and I'll send it to you - mine is 10x10 pixels by default.

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:05 04 Jan 04

I'll give it a try. Thinking about it now it's got to be the answer. What an idiot!

Cheers FE, Whiz...

Forum Editor 01:20 04 Jan 04

good luck.

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:25 04 Jan 04

with a smiley button, works perfect. Will make a gif now. So easy! Experience counts I suppose. Cheers, Whiz...

Forum Editor 01:30 04 Jan 04

You're very welcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…