any way to fix a floppy

sunny staines 21:48 18 May 06

have a floppy called "best of microsoft entertainment" genuine disk. Tried to load it on a new pc. The icons showed up but the system could not read the disk.[it has always loaded ok in the past]

Other floppies are read ok.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:00 18 May 06

Tried to load it on a new pc

XP?

XP does not always like to read floppies that have been formated on the old systems.

Boot to dos with a win9x boot disk and try to copy the contents of the floppy disk to a directory on the hard drive.

sunny staines 07:49 19 May 06

the floppy was working with xp before. I tried a:\setup in the run command but that did not work.

If I go to the command propmt what do i type to transfer from A:\ to C:\ the days of dos are before my intrest in computers.

Frank-P 09:48 19 May 06

Although it may not run, you may still be able to see it in windows explorer. If so, try creating a new folder on your C drive, then "drag and drop" from A over to the new folder. You can then try running it from the new folder.

sunny staines 15:31 19 May 06

tried your tip but failed "cannot read source file or disk"

any idea how to copy from a floppy to a folder at the command propmt?

rodriguez 15:35 19 May 06

The floppy has probably worn out. If you can access another computer see if that one can read it and if it can copy it to a new disk.

Pine Man 16:41 19 May 06

If its broken don't worry. I have got it and just checked and it works ok on XP.

I can either send you a floppy or send the files as an attachment.

Contact me via the yellow envelope and we can sort it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…