Any tips on refilling inkjet cartridges?

Griffon 21:38 15 Mar 04

I've just refilled a black ink cartridge for a lexmark X75 printer. Now, although the printer is working the cartridge is not printing any ink onto the paper. Any tips? The cartridge was trully empty before I refilled which I've read somewhere may cause problems. I've tried shaking the cartridge, removing the ink and then refilling and printing loads of sheets. Now I'm a bit stumped. All I'm left with is leaving it overnight in the hope that capillary action or whatever will take the ink to where it's supposed to go.

woodchip 21:41 15 Mar 04

Yes don't bother it just about as cheap to go click here and far less messy for what you will save.

Billy911 21:48 15 Mar 04

I agree, don't bother.

deadneat 21:51 15 Mar 04

take a look at this thread click here You will find some useful links

Pesala 21:54 15 Mar 04

buy a laser printer. It is much faster too, and less susceptible to a spot of water. click here

Or even cheaper click here

end 21:58 15 Mar 04

can I agree with someone(???!!!); I tried refilling some while ago and turned into a MESS!!!have added the above link to my "favourites"; best prices I have seen......

BIG ben strikes 10 22:13 15 Mar 04

whilst i was refilling a cartridge i forgot to celotape the metal bit and it all came out.after that though i didnt have any problems.print was fine.i say get a new cartridge and when that one gets low re-fill it.am i the only one here who says to re-fill the cartridges.laser printers are expensive arnt they?.is it possible to get a coulour laser printer?

Griffon 22:14 15 Mar 04

...pity the Choice Stationary site suggested doesn't have the 10N0016 compatibles I need available and their genuine cartridges are the same price as PC World. Thanks anyway!

ozzy 123 22:20 15 Mar 04

Hi have you tried click here not as cheap as choise but good as a second fall back

Griffon 22:21 15 Mar 04

Big Ben - sure you can buy colour laser printers - I use them all the time at work. They're priced from about £300 upwards depending on how profesional you want to go. They're cheaper to run which is why businesses are willing to pay more upfront and to save on cost per page. Look on click here

woodchip 22:30 15 Mar 04

Give them a ring on there free phone number they may support your. It depends how fast they upgrade there web site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…