Any tips to overcome network restrictions?

Matty P 21:14 13 Nov 06

Hey guys,
I'm at a university and our network seems to prevent a lot of things, such as msn messenger webcam conferencing and use of certain services such as TVU player.
I don't know much about computers, but I was wondering if people had any tips to overcome these, preferably without anyone knowing.
I presume there isn't, and I agree the restrictions are there for a reason so this is more out curiousity more than anything
Thanks!

LastChip 21:48 13 Nov 06

For two reasons.

As you suggested, those restrictions are there for good reason and even if they could be hacked, it would be irresponsible for anyone to suggest how.

It is likely that those services are blocked at a Firewall and the only people likely to have access to that are the system administrators.

Technotiger 21:57 13 Nov 06

Hi, I agreee with LastChip, best left untampered with!

Cheers.

Jsimbaz 22:07 13 Nov 06

My friend says that you could use a proxy website for accessing blocked webpages, obviously this would have to be acceptable with any useage policies you have and you might have to arrange it with the network administrator, etc.

And you will probably get caught and at worst kicked out of the university.

That's my ten cents, and i accept no responsibility for how you use the information i have provided you, or anyone else. The information is strictly for information only and shouldn't be used under any circumstances

Josh.

Matty P 22:34 13 Nov 06

yes it is best left untampered with, i agree.

thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…