Any thoughts on one of these?

Diodorus Siculus 19:36 25 Feb 06

click here

I've been offered one but am not sure if it is any good. Are they worth using? Can they be used simply for connecting without the use of the sim - ie via wi-fi when travelling?

I know nothing about these or similar PDA thingies :-)

Thanks as always.

rmcqua 19:38 25 Feb 06

Looks way too complicated for me D.. S..!

hzhzhz 19:39 25 Feb 06

A review click here

amonra 19:59 25 Feb 06

If it's for free, grab it ! Use it and report back.

bluto1 20:52 25 Feb 06

Diodorus Siculus,
I`ve made it a general practise to refuse to buy anything without an up front price, but, amonra suggests, if it`s free, grab it and let the rest of us know the result. Good luck mate.

pharte 21:09 25 Feb 06

If you don't want it feel free to donate it to me.

I've had the 02 xdaII which was great, basically a phone and pda in one unit. the 3g and wi-fi are an additional up to date evolution of the basic pda's.

they will do everything you could really need from music, films and the full ofice applications including calendar and contacts, but the software and gps reciever and you have a sat nav too.

Only really worth actually buying one if you have a good use for one......expensive toy otherwise.

Diodorus Siculus 21:38 25 Feb 06

It's been offered to me free on first refusal by a friend who got it as an unwanted upgrade.

I suppose the best I can do is give it a go as bluto1 suggests and report back.

Unlikely to see it for a couple of weeks though I think. I'll give it a go and see if I can get used to it.

Diodorus Siculus 08:58 27 Feb 06

Anyone have one? I like what I've read but would also like some users opinions.

Diodorus Siculus 20:17 08 Mar 06

I've had it now for a few days and I have to admit I'm impressed although I've nothing to compare it with.

It will log on to my wi-fi signal with no problem and check my email. Also possible to browse web at a reasonable resolution.

Great as a calendar / appointments co-ordinator and syncs with the desktop / Office 2003. That took a while to set up because of ssome configuration problems.

As a freebe, it was good!

Diodorus Siculus 20:18 08 Mar 06

Oh, and it's also a phone and together with a bluetooth headset, works great.

martjc 20:22 08 Mar 06

...but what do you think it's worth??? I may buy one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5