Any 'simple' WWII flying games?

as400man 18:39 01 Mar 05

The demos of WWII flying games are great but I don't have the time to master two A4 pages of shift this and control that.
Anything decent I can fly simply, preferably using a mouse?

Thanks and regards

realist 21:29 01 Mar 05

Suggest you try "Aces High".
You can download the demo from
It's really an online game but I've had the demo on my pc for ages and it's great fun and easy to use in offline mode.
Best of all it was free!
Chocks away!

as400man 23:12 03 Mar 05

I downloaded Acers High but I cannot make the mouse work,the 'plane just goes its own way.
Any ideas?

realist 11:23 06 Mar 05

sorry didn't see your message before, if you haven't already sorted then this should help click here

Cybermaxx 11:48 06 Mar 05

Here's a WW2 flying game that's easy to pick up and play, and could be what you're looking for but for one fact. It isn't easy to control with a mouse.

click here

there are other flying games that are easy to use, but they aren't set in WW2. Yager, the overlooked futuristic shooter is a good example. I got that one for £4, and it's well worth your time.

realist 13:14 06 Mar 05

Also take a look at ysflight from
this is mouse playable, free, and a only a small 6mb file to download. The mapping is simple but there is a great choice of kit ranging from helicopters to 747's and more.......definitely more fun than MS flight simulator and doesn't make you £40 lighter!

as400man 18:37 06 Mar 05

Got Aces High II working and its really good if a bit advanced for what I'm after. However I am thinking about buying a usb joy stick now! lol.
I'm going to the ysflight site after I've finished this. cheers.

Great site, thanks. This will be a must-visit if buy that joy stick.

Thanks again to both of you for taking the trouble. Regards, Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…