Any recommended download sites

technique 20:30 20 Jul 04

Are there any sites or software allowing music and film downloads that do not contain spyware and viruses????

I'd used Kazaa, Napster and Morpheus to little effect. Is the consequence of piracy that you end up with so many PC problems that spyware and viruses cause?

James-286079 20:36 20 Jul 04

I use Kazaa Lite K++

It's written by different people to Kazaa and contains tools for blocking all kinds of "e-nasties".

byfordr 23:30 20 Jul 04

bit torrent...

you'll have to search around for the sites...

most contain legit downloads - lots of student films etc...make sure you're not naughty and don't inadvertently download anything with a copyright!

wolfie3000 23:44 20 Jul 04

try i-mesh it has third party software with it but after installing it run spybot search and destroy this clears the spyware and use anti virus software to remove any bugs i use i-mesh trouble free now

phil 23:59 20 Jul 04

I used to use Kazaa lite until last week when it suddenly stopped working.

Had a look on the Old Version .com site and it said on there that they had been stopped from putting old versions of the software on because of legal moves so I presumed it was being blocked somehow.

I'm using the new clean version of LimeWire now and actually I think it's far better. Don't like the fact that you can't search other users hard drives though.

I can also see this thread vanishing soon because FE don't like people discussing file sharing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…