Any Problems In TalkTalk At BT Spalding Exchange?

Big L 266 08:21 11 Jun 10

Hello.

I live in Spalding around 400 yards from the BT telephone exchange and my ISP is TalkTalk. The basic internet speed has always been 15100 kbps but have recently obtained speeds of up to 19300 kbps even after 6pm.

Today at 08:12 hours I tested my broadband speed and its now around the 5000 kbps to 7296 kbps region which its been for the past 36 hours or so.

I did ring TalkTalk who explained that there may well be maintenance in the exchange and to leave it for 24 hours to allow any works to be completed.I accept this could well be the case.

That said,do you know of any problems within the BT Exchange concerning TalkTalk maintenance,or has something happened to my computer? I did run a full security sweep in case some 'nasty' had got into the works,but there's nothing and everything on my computer functions normally.

What do you fellow PCAers think?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Big L 266

Sea Urchin 12:50 11 Jun 10

Only reported broadband problems on TalkTalk at present at Ilford and Kendal exchanges. I guess from your download speeds you are on up to 24 Megs.

You can check with TT faults department for problems with specific exchanges not showing on the status page on 0870 087 8777.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos