Any problems with Outlook Express and Pipex?

Dae 21:01 21 Sep 08

My email and Newsgroup connection has suddenly stopped working.

I use Outlook Express, and Pipex for the ISP.

Is anyone else having problems with the above?

Your response will help to decide what action I need to take.

Thanks.

john bunyan 21:11 21 Sep 08

I also use Pipex and Outlook Express. The OE is fine but I usually log in to "My Pipex" first and blacklist and delete spam there so it doesn't come to the OE. This part is very slow today - it takes ages to show webmail. This has happened before and I guess takes a while to fix at weekends.I have also noticed a speed drop from about 5 MPS to about 1.5 Mps recently ("Up to" 8 Mps paid for!!)

Stuartli 21:36 21 Sep 08

I have no problems with Outlook Express and collecting Pipex e-mails.

Why not check that the OE e-mails configuration is still correct?

ah2010 23:11 21 Sep 08

I recently downloaded Nero Express to burn CDs (as my CD burner stopped working) and ever since then, I intermittently get a pop-up on my screen saying that outlook express needs to compress files and folders to save disk space. Even when I cancel or minimise it, or when I press ok, it keeps popping up. It's getting a real pain now as I can't even watch a DVD without it popping up every couple of secs.
I've never used outlook on my computer although it is installed.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop this? Oh, and my CD burner still isn't working - it says that the disc speed is too fast for the computer (which I can't understand as I've used the same discs as before).

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Dae 23:28 21 Sep 08

Thanks folks for the information. What action to take was taken out of my hands in a way, because soon after my posting the ISP connection failed.

It returned some ten minutes ago, and email and newsgroup postings are now downloading, with a much longer than usual delay between requesting a message and the message starting to download.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017