any point

filthpig 13:31 26 Feb 07

is there any point in me buying a good sound card if i always use headphones to play games on my PC
will i notice the difference if i buy a seperate sound card coz the sound is pretty good just now with my onboard sound

recap 13:40 26 Feb 07

The old philosophy of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' spring to mind.

Diemmess 14:46 26 Feb 07

My view is-
You will notice more diffence if the money you save from NOT buying a new sound card, is spent on really good headphones.

filthpig 19:09 26 Feb 07

haha good point man can you recommend any good headphones?

Diemmess 19:41 26 Feb 07

I only remember how much better I found the man-sized ones which cover my ears softly like ear defenders, rather than tiddlers that are better suited to officeware.

This is one of many sites found by putting headphones into Google click here

Sennheiser seem middle of the range, but if you really want to make a statement they don't get much more expensive than Bose.

recap 09:37 27 Feb 07

I'm with Diemmess here, choosing a good set of headphones would benefit. The fully closed type would be my prefered choice.

filthpig 13:56 27 Feb 07

i have a kinda decent set although they only cost about £10 they are the kind that sit over your ears completeky not like the cheap kind you get walkmans

keef66 15:46 27 Feb 07

onboard sound these days is pretty good; I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in games with a sound card. Spend the money on lager and Pringles.

bezzer20 15:50 27 Feb 07

or spend it on whole nut cadburys

crosstrainer 16:00 27 Feb 07

Gaming headphones...better than lager and pringles..last longer! click here

keef66 16:45 27 Feb 07

I particularly like the sound of the vibrating ones.

Also intrigued by the pair claiming to deliver 5.1 surround sound. How does that work with headphones??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…