To any Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD users

Tenacious Green 11:54 14 Nov 04

Please see following link and if able could you please have a rumage around your computer to see if you have the the same file shown anywhere.

I think I have identified it as a Pinnacle file but prior to getting rid of for good I would like some confirmation if possible.

click here

Thanks

rawprawn 13:15 14 Nov 04

In my registry it comes under Microsoft Search Assistant. I have Pinnacle but can't see it there.

Tenacious Green 13:19 14 Nov 04

It is the file that I am concerned with in the shared documents folder as all the families shared stuff is there (As it should be). Do you have a config file for it there any where other than in registry?

Funny though, the only place it showed up in my registry is the same place?

rawprawn 14:04 14 Nov 04

The only one I can find is in the registry

Tenacious Green 22:02 14 Nov 04

I have found out why it is shown in that part of the registry - That's because we both searched for PCLECHAL using explorer prior to searching in Regedit. The result in Regedit is just somekind of record of that search.

To test that theory I used work computer and searched Regedit first with negative result, then Explorer, then back to Regedit and sure enough there it was under Search Asst.

So no clearer to resolving the issue. Curiosity getting the better of me.

Others feel free to add anything else!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…