Any Password Protect Folders Programs Available ?

Tinkey Winkey 15:34 09 Apr 04

Are there any programs that can password lock certain folders(such as My Documents ) ,as I share my PC with friends & family.

SANTOS7 15:41 09 Apr 04

click here hope this is what your looking for [email protected]

TBH1 15:52 09 Apr 04

I've used Encrypted Magic Folders for some years on 98se - - -however, am unablr to do so on my present system simply because I have no floppy disc drive - - it needs this to create an emergency disc in case you forget your password. I'll try and find a link for it. It is shareware - - - however, it works even if you don't subscribe, just a little annoying startup is all.

Belatucadrus 15:55 09 Apr 04

File Encryptors :- Easycrypto deluxe click here Powercrypt 2000 click here

TBH1 16:05 09 Apr 04
  Rigga 16:14 09 Apr 04

I'm guessing you don't run XP.. but if you do.. just apply security to whatever folders you wish.. I think you can even encrypt files or folders from within the OS.

Rigga.

Tinkey Winkey 16:18 09 Apr 04

Rigga - Windows Me unfortunately .

rubella 16:27 09 Apr 04
  zebbydog 17:13 09 Apr 04
  kyprosman 18:04 09 Apr 04

click here made by one of our forum members Martinsonline.

Diodorus Siculus 18:24 09 Apr 04

FineCrypt
Last week a TuDogs subscriber asked me for a way to prevent his children from accessing sensitive files on his PC. This is the third such request I have received recently so I'm mentioning this excellent software again. FineCrypt allows
you to create encrypted self-extracting archives which may be decrypted without the program. Encrypt fi les, directories and whole directory trees using a password or a key. You can
select any of 10 encryption algorithms and any of the four encryption modes. The program includes a key manager, the ability to display file statistics, a permanent file wiping function, and integration with the Windows shell. There are
more than three million users of this effective encryption software. Windows 95/98/2000/NT/Me/XP. 3.388MB. Free, but some functions limited in the free version.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…