Any one use Tweak XP?

Gaz 25 13:18 30 May 04

Does it make any improvement over system performance?

Last time I installed it it managed to make me a limited user, no admin rights. :-0

tenplus1 13:35 30 May 04

Try using TweakUI as it's free and gives you a lot of control over Windows settings...

ALso, get hold of either XP-Antispy or Xpy and that'll let you block all those nasty holes hackers/viruses use to get into your PC...

Gaz 25 13:38 30 May 04

I already have them programs... however I have a full copy of Tweak XP 2 Pro as well.

bretsky 13:49 30 May 04

Bought XP pro v3 because I have Power Quest drive image and there is a utility to disable 8,3 name creation for NFTS to enable me to create an image of my hard drive to hard drive number2.

Lots of options, improved certain parts of my pc, but also slowed down overall performance.

If you have to time to play about with the settings...ok...... if not, then don't bother!!

Haven't tried out the ram disk feature yet!!

bretsky ;0)

Chegs ® 13:50 30 May 04

I haven't used TweakXP before,I always use Customiser XP instead.Not even sure if Customiser XP does any of the same jobs as Tweak XP ;-)

Gaz 25 13:54 30 May 04

ummm, I think Tweak XP does slow system peformance, thats why I was asking. lol

Stuartli 16:51 30 May 04

I use the PowerToys TweakUI with XP and it works just as well as TweakUI with Windows98SE - but I'm careful what I configure and it's on a limited scale.

I find the Focus feature particularly useful and equally frustrating if the cursor slips off the window in use....

Stuartli 16:54 30 May 04

Never harboured any thoughts that it slowed up my (400MHz) system in any way.

woodchip 17:12 30 May 04

I think there are two different wave bands running hear,,, Tweak XP is a Optimisation Program the Others like Tweak UI are for tweaking the Registry setting so that windows works the way you want them to in the Windows Shell items

Stuartli 08:51 31 May 04

See click here for TweakXP - it's not endorsed by Microsoft.

Stuartli 08:53 31 May 04

..but it's still a useful source...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…