Any one know what this clip is?

Graham ® 16:59 05 Dec 04

Found it inside my PC:

click here

Dorsai 17:21 05 Dec 04

It looks far to fancy/well made to be part of a pc's internal workings as regards clipping somthing in place.

I would expect that degree of surface finish/part numbering to be present on militry and/or aircraft engine stuff.

But i am guessing you know what it is. I have no idea.

Djohn 17:28 05 Dec 04

only a guess Graham ® but it looks as though its a locking clip of some sort. The two short arms in the centre will have a flat base that sit on top of something while the left hand arm is clipped under a lug then the right hand arm is pressed down to do the same?

Graham ® 17:28 05 Dec 04

I don't know what it is! I found it next to a dislodged heat sink (another thread click here) but it doesnt fit on that. Nor the ajacent CPU.

Gongoozler 17:30 05 Dec 04

I agree with Dorsai that it has a military/aircraft look to it especially with the part number engraved into it. However I doubt that a military/aircraft part would use such small prongs to hold it in place. My guess is that it is of automotive origin and used for holding papers in place, but I have no confidence in that guess.

Graham ® 17:30 05 Dec 04

I know, 'adjacent' :-)

Djohn, I agree, but I can't find where it fits!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…