Any musicaly minded PC users out there please?

edennorman 14:39 14 Nov 05

Not being musical myself, I was at a loss when my 10 year old daughter came to me and said:

"Dad..I want to be able to make (simple) music on my pc and then play it back so that I can play along with it."

She plays guitar really quite well and is a keen song writer...all this at 10 already! Oy Ve.

Now does anyone know where I need to look...it should be something fairly simple I guess.

Any ideas please.

Thank you

eden

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:50 14 Nov 05
  iambeavis 14:50 14 Nov 05

Although this is primarily tablature, it does do normal notation as well - click here

Skyver 14:59 14 Nov 05

This looks a little complex at first, but all you really need to concentrate on are the play/record/stop functions - click here
If you can pick up a second hand version 2, (or see if this trial download is still for version 2 and not version 3 click here) it should be more than sufficient.
There are a few choices here, though some are pretty out of date, and there's only a small range of free apps to choose from click here

anniesboy68 15:19 14 Nov 05

edennorman Does she want to play chords along with the music she composes or melody along with chords? You could try Band in a box.

edennorman 15:31 14 Nov 05

Thank you for your input so far...I shall be looking at what has been pointed out in the way of links and suggestions.

I think she would like to be able to create a simple sequence of chords,the exact sound of which could be played about with....and the beat altered 3/4 , 4/4 etc.

Maybe other instruments could be added....but it has to be pretty simple.

Knowing her she would sing, play chords and play melody (not all at once) once she had a loop of chords to play along to.

I did have a look at some pieces of software...but they had such (apparently) complicated interfaces that I felt they offered far too much choice for a ten year old

keewaa 15:32 14 Nov 05

click here is a good guitar site

Wak 16:10 14 Nov 05

This click here should be of interest but is only available when on the Internet.
It plays chords and can add rhythm and drum beats.
A great help to budding Song writers.

woodchip 16:24 14 Nov 05
  pj123 16:57 14 Nov 05

I have a CD Dance eJay. I think I found it in a bargain bucket somewhere for pennies.

I've only used it once and it isn't even on my computer anymore. I don't want it.

Don't know what version mine is but seems like it is up to version 7 now: click here

If you want to try the one I have before you buy email me and I will send it to you

Maturin 18:16 14 Nov 05

See this website for details of a marvellous moderatley priced music program click here

Maturin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…