Any Learn Direct users, please?

ade.h 19:48 07 Feb 05

click here for previous thread.

As you can see from my first thread, I am having problems with the pop-up windows on my personal page at the Learn Direct website.

If any of you use Learn Direct, could you let me know whether you have experienced the same problem?

I am really struggling to get my Java settings to allow the "continue course" link to work. As it's my first attempt to use the site, I'm not sure what to expect to see in the pop-up.

Djohn 20:04 07 Feb 05

You need to download the Authorware flash application for the program to work. The course runs best in IE6. I'll see if I can find the link for you and post back.

I've been with them for a year now doing an IT course.

Djohn 20:19 07 Feb 05

click here this is the page you need for plug-ins. please post back if you require further help.

ade.h 20:21 07 Feb 05

Thanks, Djohn. Now that you mention it, I can remember you saying you were with Learn Direct some time ago.

I had no idea that anything like a Flash program would be required. My tutor didn't mention it.

Djohn 20:24 07 Feb 05

Please post back if you need some advice on the plug-ins and feel free to email me at any time via the yellow envelope.

ade.h 20:44 07 Feb 05

I've installed all the software, including Quicktime and Authorware, but I'm still getting a blank window when I click on "continue my learning". Is there anything obvious that I should be doing, but may be missing?

Thanks for your kind offer of assistance. Ade.

Djohn 22:07 07 Feb 05

I was watching a movie! My apologies. When you say a blank window, do you mean completely blank, or is there something in the top left corner? Also which course are you doing and what is your operating system and ISP please?

If you can post back with this info I'll see what I can do.

ade.h 22:49 07 Feb 05

That's alright. Details are:

Win XP SP1 - IE6.01 SP1 - Freedom2Surf DSL - Symantec NIS 2004. The course is Windows 2000 Administration. The pop-up is no longer completely empty; there is a blue banner at the top with links for contacting the tutor and a student forum. This slight improvement is either down to the software you recommended or the tweaks I have tried to make to IE's Java permissions. I haven't yet tried the custom Java options, as I'm not familiar with them.

No need to reply tonight; I'll log in again tomorrow. Ade.

ade.h 22:51 07 Feb 05

That should be version 6.02800.1106

Djohn 23:05 07 Feb 05

I've placed a couple of links for you to look at. First one is a small section from the bottom of the first page you see after logging in.

Second one is what you should see after clicking on the "Continue my Learning" button.

click here and click here

Djohn 23:09 07 Feb 05

Try again with this one! click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…