Any info on this HDD

Legolas 13:32 12 Apr 03

I have just acquired a 39Gb HDD (£5 at a computer fair, could,nt resist it)the problem is it has a strange type of connection, it looks similar to a slot1 CPU and there is no power connection. Fitted to this there is an adapter that does have a power connection and an IDE connection although it is not the normal 40pin it is a 50 pin (2 rows of 25) Can anyone throw any light on this drive and can I connect it to a normal motherboard?

pj123 13:45 12 Apr 03

that sounds to me like a SCSI hard drive.
You would need a SCSI card to connect it.

Big Elf 13:45 12 Apr 03

If it has 50 pins then it could be a SCSI drive and would require either a PCI SCSI card or onboard SCSI. There are different flavours of SCSI so you need to get the right card.

Big Elf 13:58 12 Apr 03

Check your email.

Legolas 14:07 12 Apr 03

Thanks pj123&Big Elf. Thanks for the offer via e-mail Big Elf I will gladly accept and have sent an e-mail to that effect :-) I will be off line for a bit as I set up my network with my new router. But anymore info would be welcome.

DOH If I had read the info on the drive I would have seen it was a SCSI it says it is a Hitachi and it also says eserver on it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…