Any ideas as too which "wireless laptop" to buy?

diddi.ash 13:24 01 Sep 05

I am after the cheapest wireless laptop for my son, he has seen one at pc world for £399 but as i would have to travel to buy this because it is a "in shop" special!
I wondered if there was any on line stores at this price?
Are there any percific requirements i should look for as well?
thankyou

Skills 16:08 01 Sep 05

What does your son want the laptop for?

If its just for schoolwork then you won't be needing such a powerful machine if hes wanting to play games then your going to have to spend alot more on a laptop capable of plaing the latest game releases.

diddi.ash 16:11 01 Sep 05

He wants it for college as well as playing games ie: command and conquer on line!!
Watching dvd's

Skills 21:03 01 Sep 05

What sort of a budget are you thinking of?

diddi.ash 21:06 01 Sep 05

£399!!

isabella341 21:09 01 Sep 05

There is one by HP Compaq reviewed in PC Advisor for £435 and is also recommended by another magazine. I think the model is HP Compaq nx6110.

Skills 21:16 01 Sep 05

had you thought about getting him a desktop as for 399 you'd probably get a better spec'd tower for the money.

In that sort of budget having a quick look about your gonna probably get a celeron chip or equivilant with 256 memory and a 64meg onboard graphics card. The ram isn't any biggy as you can upgrade that no problem but you won't be able to upgrade the graphics card in a laptop.

diddi.ash 21:18 01 Sep 05

We have one at home, but as im always on line he wants one as well to go on-line!

Skills 21:23 01 Sep 05

Just had a look in this moths PCA yep HP compaq nx6110 £469 inc VAT.

Specs are 1.4ghz celeron M, 256mb Ram, 40gig hd, wireless no dvd writer just cd writer/dvd rom but it does have a 128meg intel graphics chip. For the money that looks like a good buy and did get PC advisor best buy. It isn't going to be a powerhouse but should be fine for the odd bit of gaming and college work.

Website is click here

Skills 21:24 01 Sep 05

If you did buy him a desktop thou you can fit that with a wireless card or network it to your pc to share the connection.

diddi.ash 21:29 01 Sep 05

Thanks for your help, i will look into it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…