Any Ideas for a little piece of mind

Tenacious Green 20:47 17 Sep 04

Recenly purchased Mesh+spbc (Pc Advisor recommended) AMD 64 300+. The computer crashed once prior to SP2 install and then altogether after that. On advice of Mesh Restored to Factory setting and therfore SP1. A couple of hours after restore the computer crashed again twice. After rebooting itself it came up with Microsoft error message which I sent, Unusually it came back with a fix for the a suposed problem with Pinnacle Instant cd/dvd ver8.0. which I downloaded. Pinnacle now doesn't work, although it didn't really work well before and looking back was probably the cause of first crash. The error message was Non page Fault, which I have heard others suggest is a memory problem. I have uninstalled Pinnacle instant and to date (touch wood) no further problems however am now a little concerned there may be further underlying problems. Any similar probs or advice for a somewhat newbie to home comupting!

stalion 20:51 17 Sep 04

see how you go from now,pinnacle has given problems to many members

Graham ® 20:51 17 Sep 04

I had problems with Pinnacle, causing crashes. Uninstal to prove.

stalion 20:53 17 Sep 04

also if you get any more serious problems I would think about returning it under gaurantee

Tenacious Green 21:36 17 Sep 04

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully Instant was the problem. will now be trying Roxio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…