Any idea what these are?

TommyRed 19:47 19 Jun 03

Taken from the help section of Paragon Drive Backup "removable media such as ZIP, JAZ & LS120" I suspect this will mean I can't put my backup on CD-R.
TR

spikeychris 19:50 19 Jun 03

ZIP, JAZ & LS120 are drives..

spikeychris 19:54 19 Jun 03

According to click here you can Place backup image file directly on CD/DVD disks

-pops- 19:58 19 Jun 03

The only current drive on that list is ZIP which comes in 100MB and 250MB flavours. They are not cheap and you will need quite a few to contain a full backup of your system.

Probably the cheapest backup system now is to install a separate hard drive and put all your backups and security information on there. In a removable caddy is even better.

Brian

Umbra 21:07 19 Jun 03

Update.

Iomega now have a 750 MB Zip drive. The disks work out at around £50 for a box of three.

I bought one !!!!!

-pops- 21:18 19 Jun 03

Remember you have to buy a 750MB Zip drive as well.

For a lot less than £50 you can buy a 40GB hard drive.

Brian

TommyRed 11:35 20 Jun 03

Buying DriveImage or Norton Ghost would be cheaper surely, do they both work with 98SE and CD-R's?
TR

TommyRed 11:47 20 Jun 03

spikeychris, Two problems;1.The version I've got is not 6.0, I suspect (it's just called Paragon Drive Backup 2000)2.CD's only supported by Windows 2000 and XP and I've got 98SE. Plus it's German and the translation to English is really hard to understand.
TR

Umbra 13:25 20 Jun 03

Pops,

I totally agree with you, but nevertheless I got technomad for a while and bought the drive and three disks. Hmmmmmm. Possibly a very senior moment whilst in the centre aisle of P* W***d.

:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…