Any idea what this means exactly?

fourjays 16:14 25 Aug 05

Hi
Im looking at changing my web host. I have found one that seems suitable, and am ready to go for it once I get one thing cleared up. I have contacted the company, but haven't heard a reply yet. Im just being impatient. :P

"Host upto 2 domain names"

What exactly does this mean?

I will be pointing my domains at my new host. I have 3 domains (3 sites - might have more in the future). Does this statement refer to any domains on the account, OR just one they host along with the package?
Thanks

cam00flarge 16:29 25 Aug 05

domane names are like click here a non domain name is like click here its the web site host you did it on then a slash to your site like you cane get a .tk or somthing like that hops that solvas ya problem

cam00flarge 16:32 25 Aug 05

also it could mean you can only have 2 domains if you knowe whot a domain is

fourjays 17:37 25 Aug 05

I know what a domain is. :P

I just don't know what "Host upto 2 domain names" is supposed to mean.

fourjays 12:56 26 Aug 05

I don't know if he is a reseller or not (he offers reseller packages which say "Host up to 50domains"). My sister has received free hosting from him (after winning a competition to design him an "affiliate button"). He is very reliable, as her site has only been down once (for about 2 days) which was because he was changing servers.

fourjays 12:57 26 Aug 05

I don't know if he is a reseller or not (he offers reseller packages which say "Host up to 50domains"). My sister has received free hosting from him (after winning a competition to design him an "affiliate button"). He is very reliable, as her site has only been down once (for about 2 days) which was because he was changing servers.

fourjays 13:10 26 Aug 05

Sorry about the double post...

click here

Thats the link to his website. It very well could be reseller, but Im not bothered as long as it works. :D

fourm member - What you say makes sense. On that basis, the professional package at £7 is better value. :D

I am tempted by the basic reseller pack, as I am trying to setup my own web design business, and I know some design companies offer hosting alongside their designs. Im only put off by the fact that I have no idea what kind of stuff I would have to do (ie: would I need SSL certs and things like that).

fourjays 23:50 26 Aug 05

Yea, Ive been talking to him almost 6 hours now via Instant Messenger (he is a friend of my sister). He obviously knows what he is doing, as he answered all of my (many) questions well, and he has also fixed 2 problems there have been with the mail servers (he recently upgraded to PHP 4.4, and it broke the mail).

Ill let him know about the address thing. Thanks for your help anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…